Plumbing Tools, Equipment, and Materials
From Co-op Power Green Job Training
|Course||Co-op Power Green Job Training||Order||9|
|Unit||Plumbing Tools, Equipment, and Materials|
|Authors||Lynn Benander and Scott Reed, Co-op Power Inc.|
|Start Date||12 February 2011||End Date||19 March 2011||Total hours||7 hours|
On completion of this unit, a student will be able to:
- Recognize common types of pipe and their uses, properties, flow characteristics
- Identify plumbing parts used in solar hot water systems
- Demonstrate safe use and care of tools and equipment used in energy efficiency and solar hot water installation.
- List the basic components of a solar hot water system.
- Assist in most aspects of assembling a solar hot water system.
- Exposes students to the range of common equipment and materials used in SDHW
- Teaches rudimentary pipe fitting skills
- cutting and sweating copper pipe
- cutting and gluing PVC pipe
- connecting threaded pipe
- hanging pipe